Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Interactive Notebook
A few weeks ago, my fifth and sixth grade students began an interactive science notebook to guide their learning. This is the first time that I have used this technique, but I am very excited about it. The students are also excited about the notebook and are already asking me if we will be doing it next year too! Hopefully, if all goes well I will be using these interactive notebooks with all of my science classes! Below are a few pictures of the pages that we have completed so far.


This is the chapter cover page.

The envelopes contain picture cards. Below the envelopes are the definitions for hydrosphere and landform.

A look at the picture cards inside of the hydrosphere envelope. 

A look at the picture cards inside of the landforms envelope.

A worksheet to help the students differentiate between latitude and longitude. 

Labeling the layers of the Earth.

Learning about the layers of the Earth.

This diagram includes factual information about the different layers of the Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment